Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pillow obsessed!

I have had these brown microfiber couches since my husband and I bought them a week and a half after we got married. They have been through four little crumbling, spilling kids and have definitely seen better days! I was starting to HATE them and so I thought that I would give them one more chance to live and make them over with one of my favorite things...pillows. They have always had a few throw pillows on them that I change out impulsively but that just wasn't doing it for me anymore so....
 
 
I took the three cushions off the back (which were just loose and removable anyway) and opted for a larger grouping. First I stole some pillows from my basement sectional ( and that couch looked sad for a while, but beside the point.) I had to make a lot of different patters work and mixing patterns can be tricky.  I've found that if you
stick with 2 or 3 colors and try to balance a few larger and a few smaller patterns it can be done. If all your pillows have the same background color too then its even easier to make it work. So all my pillows have cream, blue or green, or all three. I love that the couches are even deeper now because I removed those back cushions and all that color and pattern makes me so happy! So now they have a new lease on life, and I just saved myself a ton of money by not buying new ones. Plus there are still a lot of spills and crumbs to come anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment